Why does Coastline support it?
What do I have to do to make the form work?
Where can I find more information about ASP Mail?
ASPMail is how our servers handle posted information on
Coastline support ASPMail?
Coastline does not support CDONTS and have provided this
method for our hosted websites to gather information and send
it along to our clients.
do I have to do to make the form work?
There are several fields that you can edit that customize
form.htm to work with the ASP mailer. Open up the
form.htm that was provided in your initial account. If
it has been deleted, simply go to Scripts and Services to
download a new copy. Open the form in NotePad (or
whatever editing program you are using) and verify the
1) TO EMAIL ADDRESS: For the hidden field below named 'to_email_address' specify the email address that you want the form to submit it's data to.
Note that this should be an address for an e-mail box with
your domain name, ie, Sales@yourdomain.com.
2) FROM EMAIL ADDRESS: For the hidden field below named 'from_email_address' specify the email address you want the email to be coming from. By default we assume that you will want the visitor to input this value into your form. In this case you will need to have
a visible form field named 'from_email_address'. If you want this to be hidden -
then you need to remove the visible field and create a hidden value called
"from_email_address". The from_email_address hidden field below is commented out
because it is not used as a hidden field - rather it is used as a visible field that requests user input. If you want to uncomment a commented out form, simply remove the
3) THANK YOU PAGE: For the hidden field below named 'thankyou_page' specify the COMPLETE URL that you want for the thank - your page.
4) SUBJECT LINE: A subject line will automatically be created for the email
sent by the form. However if you prefer to customize the subject line you should use the hidden field "subject_line"
5) Notice that the form or any subsequent form that you want to function in this manner must be set to method="POST"
Also note that if you simply want to quickly get the form working and sending to a particular email address without customizing any of the hidden fields as described above - then enter the email address variable at the end of the posting string - for example:
can I find more information about ASP Mail?
The website of the company that developed ASPMail has a large
and thorough FAQ at http://www.serverobjects.com/comp/Aspmail4.htm.